best web hosts home server

This web site is about best web hosts, home server, window web hosting, web hosting servers, web site hosting. All the news about best web hosts

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Best domain name Articles

domain name

Virtualization using VMware

Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:09:05 -0400
I have been using and recommending Xen for Full Virtualization for a while now. Yet, when I tried to install Xen on my old PC that ran on AMD's Athlon XP processor, I was not able to enable Full Virtualization using Xen. I know that Xen uses technology that demands higher hardware specifications to provide full virtualization. Somehow, I wanted to make my old PC a fully virtualized machine. I evaluated a few virtualization applications to make that possible. A few of them were..

Ping! Zine PDF Available

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:14:39 +0000
Ping! Zine magazine hasĀ  just releasedĀ  their latest magazine version on PDF available for download. Today they announced that the magazine has been shipped to all subscribers by regular mail but you can get a sneak peak right away but grabbing the PDF. Good job guys, nice to see a tech magazine using some more ...]

Hello again and forgive my long silence please. As you will read here

the reasons for it, you’ll understand the gravity of the situation.

There were several problems and I will write about all these

either today, or in several posts spread over the following days.

The Pirate Bay Takes Over Anti-Piracy Domain : IFPI.com

Mon, 03 Dec 2007 09:24:24 +0000
In yet another snub to anti-piracy efforts, infamous Swedish BitTorrent site The Pirate Bay has taken over IFPI.com, a domain formerly owned by the recording industry group by the same name. IFPI, previously known as the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, pushes for anti-piracy enforcement in 75 countries.
The Pirate Bay, the world’s largest torrent ...]

http://biggest-hosting.com/reseller_intro.html

Switched From Gentoo to Ubuntu

Thu, 06 Mar 2008 12:12:57 +1100

SliceHost 3-Way-Handshake Podcast Episode 8 — over 80% of Slice at SliceHost runs on Debian-based distributions (Debian, Ubuntu), verses around 5.5% for Gentoo. RPM-based distributions (CentOS, Fedora, etc) is a bit bigger but simply does not compare with overwhelming domination of Debian-based distributions.



Over the last 3-4 months I have also gradually moved my Gentoo based servers to either Ubuntu or Debian (prefer the latest Ubuntu if available). In fact I have just deleted my 18 month old Gentoo slice at SliceHost, and moved all content to a new slice running Ubuntu 7.10 last month. Now I am happy to say that all of my live servers/VPS are now running either Ubuntu or Debian, and it has changed my Monday morning (my usual mass-update morning) from:




  1. # emerge --sync

  2. # emerge -avD world

  3. Starring at compilation messages scrolling across the screen.

  4. Trying to figure out why some packages are blocking, some packages do not emerge, and why some packages I upgraded last week is now down-grading again.

  5. … 20 minutes later I finally got my root prompt back!

  6. Restart all services that I have emerged, finger crossed hoping that nothing breaks, otherwise revdep-rebuild while reading special upgrading instruction on PAM, MySQL, or OpenSSL at Gentoo.org.



To:




  1. # apt-get update

  2. # apt-get upgrade



Upgrading all the packages in the Gentoo Portage system can be very time consuming, and it gets worse when you have quite a few servers to upgrade!





However, I still love my Gentoo and still use it on my desktop and my home server, continuously updated over the last 3-4 years. We still use it at work because of how configurable it is, and how easy it is to write an ebuild script. Portage, IMHO, is still the best thing since slice bread, but unfortunately it is not the best thing for my VPS at slice host. Building takes too long, it is too CPU and IO intensive that I am afraid I am hurting my neighbours’ performance. Moreover, if something breaks my application due to upgrading (far less than uncommon in the Gentoo world), it will take ages to revert back to the previous version (especially heavy builds like MySQL upgrades) — when my service is down!



Great for development boxes, but not so great for production boxes hosting services that people might want to access 24/7.



Ubuntu is constantly improving since the last time I gave it a try. apt-get is a joy to use comparing to yum on CentOS/Fedora. It has almost all the packages I need, and Debian package control files are not that hard to write either. One thing I have not yet tried is dist-upgrade, which is probably even more scary than emerge world. HardyHeron will (hopefully) be released next month so I guess I’ll be able to find out how easy dist-upgrade on a VPS is.





domain name Products we recommend



hostgator is providing Linux and Reseller web hosting services, has been founded
in 2002 and now it's six years in business.



hostgator.com average uptime is 99.902% (rank #2124 on our directory) with total
8145 successful and 8 failed checks, monitored since 2005-10-05. Similar
companies with 99.902% uptime are ipower.com and icdsoft.com.



Search for "hostgator.com" on 3 biggest search engines returns average of 207666
results so company name popularity rank is #42.



There have been 215 positive votes for hostgator and 53 negative. And overall
company rank on our directory is #101 (similar companies are netsonic.net and
registerfly.com)



Web Hosting Packages

Hatchling Plan (Type: Linux) - 350 GB space, 3000 GB bandwidth for $4.95/mo



Baby Plan (Type: Linux) - 600 GB space, 6000 GB bandwidth for $7.95/mo



Aluminum Plan (Type: Reseller) - 24 GB space, 250 GB bandwidth for $24.95/mo



Copper Plan (Type: Reseller) - 40 GB space, 35 GB bandwidth for $34.95/mo



Silver Plan (Type: Reseller) - 60 GB space, 500 GB bandwidth for $49.95/mo



Gold Plan (Type: Reseller) - 80 GB space, 600 GB bandwidth for $74.95/mo



Diamond Plan (Type: Reseller) - 100 GB space, 700 GB bandwidth for $99.95/mo



Some technical data about hostgator.com

IP Location: Texas - Amarillo - Theplanet.com Internet Services Inc

Blacklist Status: Clear

Nameserver: NS1.hostgator.COM

Registrar: ENOM, INC.

Server Type: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2
mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

Website Title: Reseller Hosting - cPanel and Reseller Website Hosting by
hostgator

Description: Reseller hosting, dedicated servers, and virtual webhosting as
provided by hostgator LLC



Click Here to go to hostican website.



cheap web hosting australia
cheap web hosting companies
cheap web hosting company
cheap web hosting directory
| | |

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home